Teriyaki chicken breast recipe
- 2-6oz Chicken Breast
- 8 oz Broccoli
- 10 oz 5 Grain Rice Blend
- 4 oz Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Green Onion
- 2 tbsp Black Angus Steak Seasoning (you will have extra to use for other recipes)
- 1 oz Garlic Butter
- 1 loaf molasses bread and whipped butter
Supplies you will need
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towels
- Large non-stick pan (2 if, pan frying the chicken)
- Small pot or pan
- Cooking Oil, neutral flavor
- Microwave safe bowl
- Sauce Spoon
- Small baking pan
- Preheat your oven at 350°F
- Rinse and pat dry the broccoli. Trim the broccoli florets into smaller pieces
- Rinse and pat dry the green onion. Trim off root end and slice into ¼” slices
- Place the chicken onto paper towels and pat dry. Lightly season both sides with the Black Angus Steak Seasoning.
- Stove top method - Place a large non-stick saute pan onto the stovetop and ad 1-2 tbps of cooking oil, and set the heat to medium-high. When the oil is hot carefully place the chicken into the pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until the chicken has developed a browned crust.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then use tongs to turn over the chicken breast. Cook for an additional 4 minutes to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer, turning the chicken breast over to evenly coat all sides. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Keep the pan of sauce over very low heat to keep warm. If sauce reduces too much and get thick, stir water in to loosen to desired consistency.
- Grill method – Pre-heat grill to about 450 degrees and pre-season chicken before cooking.
- Place steak on pre-heated grill and allow to cook to 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and allow cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and turn about 45 degree angle to achieve diamond marks and allow cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken, use thermometer to check correct temperature. You need to reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small saute pan or pot, heat the teriyaki sauce over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and keep warm
- While the chicken breasts cook, place a large nonstock saute pan onto the stovetop and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil and set heat to medium-high. When hot, carefully add the broccoli to the pan, lightly season with Black Angus Steak Seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring the vegetables as they cook.
- Add the garlic butter to the pan and cook for 1 additional minute until the garlic butter is melted and broccoli is evenly coated. Turn off the heat.
- While the vegetables cook, place the 5 grain rice pilaf into a microwave safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. Stir then microwave for 1 minute.
- When the oven in hot, place the bread on a small baking pan and place on the middle rack in your oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan from oven and let bread cool for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with whipped butter
- Divide the rice and vegetables between serving plates. Place the chicken on the plate and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce and garnish the rice and steak with the green onions.