Teriyaki Salmon recipe
- 2-6oz Salmon Filets
- 8 oz Broccoli
- 10 oz 5 Grain Rice Blend
- 4 oz Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Green Onion
- 2 tbsp Black Angus Seafood Seasoning (you will have extra to use for other recipes)
- 1 tbsp Black Angus Steak Seasoning (you will have extra to use for other recipes)
- 1 oz Garlic Butter
- 1 loaf molasses bread and whipped butter
Supplies you will need
- Cutting Board
- Paper Towels
- Large non-stick pan (2 if, pan frying the salmon)
- Small pot or pan
- Cooking Oil, neutral flavor
- Microwave safe bowl
- Sauce Spoon
- Small baking pan
- Preheat your oven at 350°F
- Rinse and pat dry the broccoli. Trim the broccoli florets into smaller pieces
- Rinse and pat dry the green onion. Trim off root end and slice into ¼” slices
- Place the salmon onto paper towels and pat dry. Lightly season both sides with the Black Angus Seafood Seasoning.
- Stove top method - Place a large non-stick saute pan onto the stovetop and ad 1-2 tbps of cooking oil and set the heat to medium-high. When the oil is hot carefully place the salmon skin side down into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes to crisp and brown the skin.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then use spatula to turn over the salmon. Cook for an additional 3 minutes to an internal temperature of 135°F.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 1 minute
- Use spatula to transfer the salmon to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Keep the pan of sauce over very low heat to keep warm. If sauce reduces too much and get thick, stir water in to loosen to desired consistency.
- Grill method – Pre-heat grill to about 375° to 400° degrees and pre-season salmon before cooking.
- Place salmon flesh down on pre-heated grill.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes and turn salmon 45 degrees and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Turn salmon over, move to the cooler part of the grill and season salmon if desired.
- Finish cooking skin side down for 5 minutes until internal temperature reach 145 degrees.
- Use thermometer to check the thickest part of salmon for correct temperature of doneness.
- Use spatula to transfer the salmon to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small saute pan or pot, heat the teriyaki sauce over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat and keep warm
- While the salmon cook, place a large nonstock saute pan onto the stovetop and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil and set heat to medium-high. When hot, carefully add the broccoli to the pan, lightly season with Black Angus Steak Seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring the vegetables as they cook.
- Add the garlic butter to the pan and cook for 1 additional minute until the garlic butter is melted and broccoli is evenly coated. Turn off the heat.
- While the vegetables cook, place the 5 grain rice pilaf into a microwave safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. Stir then microwave for 1 minute.
- When the oven in hot, place the bread on a small baking pan and place on the middle rack in your oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan from oven and let bread cool for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with whipped butter
- Divide the rice and vegetables between serving plates. Place the salmon on the plate and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce and garnish the rice and steak with the green onions.