Last Updated: September 25, 2020
- Via our restaurant locations and corporate office.
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us through our site. If you communicate with us using the "Contact Us" feature, we collect the information you provide when you complete the "Contact Us" form. We also collect your personal information when we deliver our services, conduct marketing activities, gather feedback, provide customer support, and run our business operations. The personal information we collect varies based upon whether you are using our website, our services, purchasing our products or participating in surveys and providing feedback.
The information we collect from you may include:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Products and services received from us
- Information you enter into the request forms on this site
- Your username and password for your account
For the information that you provide to us during sign-up or when you set up an account or profile, sign-up to receive our email, or otherwise use our services, we may collect information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and other information that may help us better service you.
Information We Collect Through Technology
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. For example, when you visit the site, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
You can obtain more information about Google Analytics here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?rd=1
Links to and Plug-Ins from Other Web Sites or Media
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect to serve our customers and improve your experience on our site. Some examples include:
- Improving customer service
- Evaluating your requests
- Conducting research and analysis
- Continuously evaluating and improving our online user experience
In addition to the purposes listed above, we may also use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you. Obtain your name for purposes of communicating with you and identifying you as a user of the website or our services.
- Verify your identity. We may use your personal information to verify who you are. For example, we are required to verify your identity when you make a data subject request.
- Send you marketing materials. We may send you marketing materials, such as promotional emails, to keep you informed of our upcoming products and services. Some of these marketing emails may come directly from us or from digital marketing partners for example: Valassis.com, Valpak.com, Open Table, Facebook, Yelp and others. You may opt out of receiving these marketing materials at any time by selecting the "unsubscribe" option at the bottom of such promotions. Additionally, we may send you marketing materials via SMS/MMS messages, to keep you informed of our upcoming products and services. You agree that by providing your mobile phone number and your opt-in, you expressly consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us to the mobile phone number provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. Users who agree to receive SMS/MMS messages via Black Angus/Cattleco Steakhouses SMS/MMS program ("Black Angus Texts") may opt-out of receiving future messages by texting "STOP" from that user's mobile phone.
- Respond to your questions and fulfill your requests. We may send you communications upon your request or otherwise with your consent.
- Provide support and receive feedback. We may request personal information in order to provide support to you. We may also collect personal information that are associated with your feedback.
- Process your transactions. We may use your personal information that you provide to us in the process of making a purchase to confirm your use of a valid credit card (or other authorized methods of payment), process your payment via a credit card (or other authorized methods of payment), and provide our products and services.
- Data Retention. We will retain your personal information until you request that we delete it.
We may also gather non-descriptive, non-identifiable statistical information about how many visitors use our services, how our users use the services, how our users access certain content available on our websites and social media pages, how long our users access certain content, what content our users are accessing, and our user preferences or settings for certain services. We use this Aggregated Information for statistical analysis of how users make use of the services so we can better improve our services.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The following are some of the ways we share your information with third parties:
- With Third-Party Service Providers. We will share your personal information with third-party service providers under contract with Company to help us provide services to you. We may, for example, retain a third party to help us determine what marketing information you might find useful. We may also disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your personal information similar to the ones that we provide.
- With Our Commonly Owned Entities. We may share your personal information with other companies under common ownership and control of Company, which may include our subsidiaries, corporate parent, or any other subsidiaries owned by our corporate parent. We do this in order to provide you better service and improve your experience.
- Legal Compliance And Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Direction. We will share your information with third parties if and when you direct us to. For example, you may ask us to share your personal information when you wish to interact with other users or post certain information on social media.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, we use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption to protect the data collection forms on our website. In addition, access to your personal information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. All employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our customers' personal information. In addition, the servers that we use to store personal information are kept in a secure, restricted access area.
Password Protection. Certain areas of our site is password protected. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing one of our site using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our site using a password assigned to you, even if the individual is not, in fact authorized by you. If you have reason to believe that your account password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the site. It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer and any password that permits access to it. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We do not collect any information from anyone under 16 years of age. Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older. If you are under the age of 16, you are not authorized to use this site.